Our aim is to create a safe and supportive learning community. One where we feel we can express ourselves and develop our work. One full of inspiration.
- This community is a private closed community, and people who do not agree to these terms and conditions cannot access the content within.
- Access to this service and its content is only available to members with an active subscription.
- Members are required to be polite, encouraging and supportive of other members at all times.
- We welcome of all genders, sexualities, races, and beliefs. We ask you keep some of your beliefs to yourself.
- This community is for adults, you need to be 18 years of age to join. This community is not intended for minors nor is it to be used by minors.
- Hate speech, put downs, and bullying will result in being terminated from the service.
- Members who do not respect the code of conduct or follow the terms of service will have their membership terminated and will not be accepted back into the community.
- Terms of Service can be changed at any time
- Positive and healthy critiques only. Negative comments will be deleted and repeat offenders will have their membership cancelled. The ratio of at least four positives to at one improvement point is to be maintained at all times.
- Leave our egos, politics, sexuality, religion, race, disabilities and other beliefs out of all of our discussions.
- Treat everyone respectfully. Do not harass other members.
- Report people to the moderators whom are upsetting or disrespectful.
- No put downs or negative comments about other people or their art.
- Our community forum is hidden from the rest of the world for a reason. The work you post there can only be seen by other members. Do not download to share other peoples writing, videos, nor photographs.
Terms and Conditions
- The Artists Club and its members will take all care to give sound advice, it is not responsible for advice given that may cause you financial harm or cause harm to your equipment.
- The Artists Club reserves the right to terminate this service and all active subscriptions at any time.
- The Artists Club reserves the right to remove members who do not follow the forum rules or are disrespectful of other members.
- You may not use this website to advertise nor coordinate your own products or services or those of others for your financial reward.
- The content you post is owned solely by you. Copyright is always retained by the original artist. The Artists Club makes absolutely no claim to your personal work, and will not use it in any other way, other than the way you intend it to be used.
- The Artists Club is not liable for or the content you post.
- When posting artworks and you specifically request feedback, you hereby give permission for another member of the community to alter and repost changes and suggestions to your work. This new work may not be used by the person making the modifications at all. Copyright is always maintained by the original producer of the work. You may only do this to artworks that have explicitly sort and requested feedback.
- You may not redistribute, use or sell any content on this website or in the community.
- You may post work of other artists only for the purposes of education (review, critique and study), provided you acknowledge the original artist, and reference the source where possible. Whole bodies of artwork can not be posted in full, but less than 10% of the body of work can be for education, study and review as per educational institution copyright laws. For example posting a full movie that is still in copyright would be inappropriate, while posting a short clip to discuss its artistic merit would be appropriate providing it is referenced appropriately.
- Sharing full copies of literary works, ebooks and pdf’s that are copyrighted is prohibited. Sharing a small proportion for educational, study and review purposes (less than 10%) is permitted under copyright law for an educational institution. It is far better to link to the original source, and only include a small excerpt for the purposes of review, study and education.
- Plagiarism is unacceptable in this community.
- You may not share your login and membership with other people. The membership is for one person only. Couples who share a membership will be asked to pay for two people. The fees for membership are extremely reasonable and are solid value for money.
- The Artist’s Club is not responsible, legally or financially, for any meet ups, excursions, walks, shoots, workshops, that may be organised between members. Members are responsible for organising their own insurance, permissions and safety. If meeting other members, consider organising to meet in a group in a public place. The Artist’s Club does not assess or approve any of these activities, which means you do them entirely at your own risk.
- The Artists Club reserves the right to increase the general subscription fees from time to time. Subscribers are guaranteed that their subscription will not increase, as long as they remain continuously subscribed from the foundation period. If you are on a reoccurring subscription at that time, the prices rises will not effect you. Members who are on manual renewals will have to pay the increase the next time the subscription is billed. If you stop your subscription and return you will be subject to any price increases.
- The Artists Club reserves the right to change or modify scheduled content at any time. Where changes to the schedule are necessary The Artist’s Club will give as much notice as possible.
- The Artists Club reserves the right to add too and modify these terms and conditions as needed to maintain a healthy community.
- Please remember that we are not responsible for any message or content posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any content, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The content express the views of the author of the content, not necessarily the views of this community nor its organisers. Any user who feels that any posted content or message is objectionable is required to contact us immediately. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. We will remove members based on our judgement of the severity of each individual case.
- The Artists Club is not responsible for inaccurate advice given by the members of the community that may cause damage to you or your equipment. It is your responsibility to make a reasonable judgment on the advice.
- You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this community to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy, or otherwise volatile of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this forum.
- When posting content that requires model releases and proof of age, you agree to only post that content if you have that documentation. The Artists Club is not responsible for the content you post, though it will work hard to ensure that it is appropriate.
- The Artists Club users are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of their account credentials and for any activities that occur under their account. Do not share your log in details with anyone. Ensure you use secure passwords and do not record them.
- The Artists Club specifically bans activities such as spamming, hacking, impersonating others, or engaging in illegal activities. These are that are strictly prohibited within the community.
- The Artists Club has the right to moderate discussions, remove or edit content, and suspend or ban users who violate the terms or disrupt the community.
- In the cases of dispute or conflict between members in the first instance the moderators, facilitators and group leaders will try to act as arbitrators and negotiators. If the dispute can not be resolved the management team of the Artists Club will act as arbitrators and negotiators.
- The Artists Club reserves the right to terminate anyone’s account that doesn’t abide by our code of conduct and the terms of service.
- Members must be 18 years of age to join, access and use the Artists Club.
Code of Conduct
Please read The Artists Club Code of Conduct. Click here too read.
The Artists Club, The Artists Club logo, and Artists Club content is owned by Len’s School & Len Metcalf (your content always remains yours).
Updated 6th July 2023